SIWW 2011: DAY ZERO

Singapore International Water Week 2011

BOY! I am so stoked about this event. This is the fourth year running and I've heard good things it.

What is SIWW?
It is a comprehensive global platform for water solutions, Policymakers, business leaders and water experts from the international water community to exchange views, discuss ideas, explore opportunities and identify solutions. This year, they will be launching the 4th Edition WHO Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality.

There will be water conversation with PM Lee Hsien Loong on crucial water issues and challenges, Water Workshops, Expo showcasing companies pertaining to water solutions and loads of network sessions.

Loads of things going on everyday from 4th - 8th July. Being a Liaison Officer means that I got to make sure my delegate attends his events and ensure he gets there on time. Other than that, I hope to play a good host to him as a representative from Singapore. WOOHOO. Ok, I hope I do a good job!

I am totally lost about the water issues in Singapore and I got to admit I am quite apathetic to these issues before I got this job assignment. Being clueless means I got to start reading up more about these issues before I get bombarded and look like an idiot as i try to struggle out an answer.

The only disappointment I have for now is that my delegate is not playing golf tomorrow morning. WHYYYYY!! I was hoping to pop by to Sentosa Golf Club to reminisce those times.

I got a glimpse of my delegate when I received him from the Airport just now. He's dressed casually and packed very lightly for a trip to Singapore. He's from Chicago(not a french though) and has baby-blue eyes. I was disappointed when I could not send him to the hotel though, felt like I did not perform up to my job. I had to stayed back for briefing at Changi Airport. :(

Alright, tomorrow is when the event starts actual. & the only good thing that he does not play golf means that I get to report later for duty. WOOHOO. Bonnuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment