FLYING OFF ON A JETPLANE

I AM AWAY ON AN EXCHANGE AND WON'T BE BACK UNTIL NEXT JANUARY.
I AM GOING TO LITHUANIA FOR EXCHANGE, BUT FIRST.. I SHALL TOUR EUROPE WITH N!

Flying off on a jetplane has certainly be a huge step of courage - a leap of faith into the unknown.
While Europe has always been a MUST-GO on my list of places to visit, I can't help but to feel apprehensive about what's to come. Friends share with me the adventures they had while they had their Europe exchange. I listened intently but can't help to wonder all the dangers that lurk in Europe. Portugal is known for its pickpockets; Barcelona is known for their whole basket of tricks just to cheat you of your money.. etc and the lists goes on. I had countless number of times with people telling me to be careful and be aware of your surroundings. While I couldn't thank them enough of their advices, my imagination ran pretty wild. 

But I am really thankful for a very supportive bunch of friends including N, Meg and Hui Ling! What do I do without you all? ;))
Packing for this exchange was very challenging. We were travelling before school starts and we won't have the chance to leave our stuff in Lithuania before embarking on our Europe adventures hence, the need to pack LIGHT. LIKE VERY LIGHT. I had to pack my luggage around the 15kg limit not because Qatar Airlines changed its guidelines but because we will be travelling on budget airlines for the next couple of weeks. THEY ARE VERY STRICT ON THEIR BAGGAGE WEIGHT ALLOWANCE. :((( Still, I managed to pack with help from N and off we went to the Airport for check-in!!

Bidding farewell is such a heart-wrenching affair especially when I won't be able to see any of you, you or you in the next half of the year. I shall skip this part but sincerely thanks my family, awesome NTU buddies and Hui Ling for taking the time off to come to the Airport to bid farewell to me. THANK YOU!

Next stop: Doha (for transit)

...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment